Thursday, April 17, 2008

Top Gear!


Sometimes you see people and you think, "Man, I wish I had that job!" I've thought that several times. First when I was six and saw the Shriner's drive their little cars around in the parade, then later when I was sixteen and learned that the Hawaiian Tropics girls hired someone to put suntan lotion on them. If only there was a way to put the lotion on the girls while driving the little cars around.. HEAVEN!

Oh, and if my wife is reading this, I am, of course, kidding, and I love you. That last part was just to get more hits so I can sell more candles. Then, naturally, I'll take the money and buy you something nice!

Back to the show. Top Gear is the best thing on British television, right up there with Doctor Who. You're really a nerd if you know what Doctor Who is, by the way. Anyway, Top Gear is a show all about cars, but they do crazy things with them. Like race them against military jets, or try to make everyday cars amphibious and drive (and float) them from France to England. They have celebrities come on the show and drive laps around their test track, and compare their times against all the other celebrities. Most of the time I don't even know who the celebrities are, because they're British. The best part of the show, though, is that the three hosts are true MEN. They're not afraid to do crazy things and almost die, which pretty much defines MANLY.

Here's my case in point: One of the hosts is driving a jet powered car on an airport runway, gets a flat tire, and crashes at well over two hundred miles per hour. He's fine now, but man, that's awesome. Give it a watch, then tell me if you would do it.

I would.

No comments: