Thursday, April 10, 2008

Carrie Underwood


So I just heard that Carrie Underwood is a closet Trekkie. And no, I don't want to get into whether Trekkies really want to be called "Trekkers". Frankly, I don't care. I have to be politically correct about everything else, but darn it, they'll always be Trekkies to me. Anyway, she's one of them. And she says that she wants to go to a Star Trek convention, but nobody will take her. Yeah.


Why is it that Trekkies get all the hot women these days? In the old days it used to be that jocks got the cheerleaders, but now you can't shoot a phaser down the Jefferies Tube without hitting a beautiful supermodel trying to get with a Trekkie. Why are Trekkies so irresistible to women? I've made a list of possible reasons.

1. Women are attracted to men in (Starfleet) uniforms.

2. They always fall for the line "Wanna pet my Tribble?".

3. Girls can't get enough of the "Prime Directive".

4. Enough Romulan Ale and women will fall for anyone.

5. Two words- William Shatner.

See? I could go on and on, but it's plain to see that Trekkies are like coffee and chocolate to women- IRRESISTIBLE. Oh, and Carrie, I can't take you to a convention, I'm happily married, but I have the PERFECT man for you. Call me!

No comments: