Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Duct Tape Bandages

My wife just got a package from her mom in the mail. The girls of the house got earrings and bracelets, but I scored the true prizes: A Gorilla Glue baseball cap and what you see in the picture above: Duct Tape bandages.

I'm always on the lookout for manly items (feel free to tell me about something you've found), but this one really pushed all my buttons. I mean, come on... It's duct tape! And there's a picture of a hammer on it! All manly advertising or branding should include a picture of a hammer. I'm in the process of redesigning the Manly Man Candle Company logos right now! Okay, not really.

There was a time when we tried to make the candle labels look like a piece of duct tape with Sharpie writing on it, but it was too hard to make it look realistic. Yes, I'm serious!

Long story short, a couple of days ago I cut my hand up working on my motorcycle (how manly!). Did I use one of these bandages? No. The wounds were too small. I'm saving these for real emergencies- Because you can always count on duct tape.

No comments: