Wednesday, April 9, 2008

Downloadable Smells


First off, congrats to the Tennessee Lady Volunteers!

Today I'd like to point you all in the direction of a new invention that could possibly change the world, and, more importantly, increase my sales. It's new, it's innovative, and it's Japanese (of course).


Downloadable smells. That's right, you heard me. A customer in Australia could click on a great site like
Manly Man Candle Company and actually smell the scents instead of just imagining how awesome they might be by reading the hilariously accurate descriptions.

If you read
this article you'll see that right now it works over cell phones, and that it's amazing. But why stop with just downloadable smells? Let's make the internet a truly immersive experience- Let's do all the senses! We have sight and smell and hearing covered right now, let's get to work on the rest. I want to be able to taste the things I see on my screen! I want to TOUCH them!

On second thought, candle sales might really slip if people were able to touch the things they could see on their screens. Maybe we'd better stay right where we are.

No comments: