Wednesday, April 16, 2008

Manly Pets


So as you already know, Rambo, the company frog, has moved on to warmer climates. And don't worry about his afterlife, because as Walt Disney says, all frogs go to heaven.

Frog heaven is always 88 degrees, humid, full of crickets, and man, you should see the girl frogs. HOT!!!!!!

Events like this always make people take stock of where they are in life. Am I happy? Are my goals being met? What will I have for lunch? Where did I leave my iPod? Questions like this have been streaming across my synapses for the past week or two. The latest question is a big one- Should Rambo be replaced, or should we just cherish the memory?

Now I have to admit the pets we have are... embarrassing. A mini-pinscher and a mini-schnauzer currently run around the house and cause trouble. Sadly, any dog whose name starts with "mini" is NOT going to be a manly dog. That's just an unwritten rule. You never hear about "mini-pit bulls" or "mini-German Shepherds". There's no "mini-cobra" or "mini-shark".

And now I have to tell you that I also have two female Guinea Pigs. I swear the pets that fill this house have more estrogen in them than a Dallas Cowboy Cheerleader tryout session.

It's time to get a manly pet. I don't know what yet, but it will be MANLY. Stay tuned.

No comments: