Friday, June 27, 2008

My dog's gas smells like skunk

Sigh.

My Peppy Le Problem came back. Apparently my dogs have learning disabilities, because they didn't retain the lesson the skunk left them last time. Yes, they got sprayed again, worse this time. Gizmo, the dog I took camping a while back, took a shot of skunk spray right to the face.

Most of it went in her mouth, which means that she now smells bad inside and out. Last night, after we gave both of them another tomato juice bath, Gizmo decided that it was time to "poot", as Southern girls put it.

I swear to God that we were lucky to have survived it. Normally her "poots" are bad enough to have the house declared a Superfund disaster site, but when she combined her normal scents with the added bonus of skunk spray it was truly hideous. I'm not even exaggerating here. I was going to just burn the house down and cover the ashes in lime, but my wife thought we could save it just by ripping up the carpet and repainting every solid surface.

It was an interesting night. Oh, and we made some candles, too. Please buy them to help pay for my nose reconstruction. Thank you.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

AH HA HA HA! You are a funny guy, if nothing else... oh, and manly *rolls eyes*
you guys must lead an interesting life... candles, cats, dogs, skunks... do you think gizmo learned her lesson this time? LOL
I thought of a great gag for April's fools or something: Send out a "skunk" candle in one or two orders on 4/1... You do seem to have a supply of skunk there. You just better not do it to me!