Sunday, September 7, 2008

Antarctica's in my crosshairs

I was looking through the stats for the blog today and I was blown away by two things. First, this is one amazing blog. It's probably the best blog in the known universe. It's not dumb or self-serving at all, and another great thing about it is that every once in a while I will link to www.manlymancandlecompany.com, which makes it super easy for you to click and purchase all of your manly candle needs. Once again, you're welcome.

The second thing that blew me away was where all of you readers come from. Estonia? Really? Singapore? Brazil? It's great that people from all over are world are tuning in, but I have to wonder what someone from Estonia thinks when they see this. America truly is the land of opportunity.

This leads me to my newest quest. I have a hit from every continent on the planet except Antarctica now, so it's time for a new game:

Get me a hit from Antactica!

I just read that in the summer Antarctica has a population of over 4,000 people, and in the winter there are still 1,000 people there. One of you readers HAS to know somebody who knows somebody who works at a college with somebody who taught somebody who has a friend that knows a guy that once emailed somebody that is in Antarctica. I just want them to read this blog once so I can cross "Get a hit from Antarctica" off my bucket list.

This is kind of like "Six degrees of Kevin Bacon", except instead of being related to a handsome movie star you'll link to someone who probably has an icicle hanging from his (or her) nose.

Help me out, people!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dude. I'm on it.
i know some people that do some research down there.

Bike Shop Man said...

Awesome! I wonder if UPS or the postal service delivers to Antarctica?