Friday, August 15, 2008

I just saw Weird Al

Before you even get started, yes, I got more candle supplies, and yes, I'm getting to work.

However, all work and no play makes Brent a dull boy, so a couple of nights ago I took the family to see an 80's icon live in concert, Weird Al Yankovic. How was it, you sit there, not asking yourself? PHENOMENAL.

Okay, want to hear something strange? I just had to spell check "phenomenal", and one of the suggestions was "PHENOM ANAL". What the heck is that? Oh, and if you comment on this, please keep it clean. Blaine, I'm talking to you.

Anyway, back to Weird Al. He was great. He did all of his classics, including:

1. Amish Paradise

2. Gump

3. White and Nerdy

4. Canadian Idiot

5. Smells Like Nirvana

6. Pretty Fly for a Rabbi

7. Fat

8. Many, many more!


He changed costumes between almost every song, danced like a superstar, and thrust his hips into several unsuspecting older women, which was hysterical. My daughter says that it was the best concert she's ever been to.

The moral to the story is this: If you get a chance to see Weird Al, do it, man, do it. The crowd was great, too, everyone was in a great mood and laughing and screaming the whole time. The craziest thing was the diversity of the crowd- Weird Al has fans that are 80 and fans that are eight, and they were all singing along. Too cool.

No comments: