Monday, March 2, 2009

Things I think about

Okay, people, it's time for the final countdown. We're a week away from day my Beautiful Southern Wife™ is supposed to deliver our very first manly man, and it's getting pretty exciting. It seemed like this day would never come, but after only 14 trimesters of pregnancy the day is finally just about here. Every time the phone rings I'm sure I'm going to hear the words my wife is supposed to say when she goes into labor- "THUNDERBIRDS ARE GO!"

Yes, I stole that from the movie "Juno". It's funny, sue me.

As you can tell, I spend a great deal of time thinking about this. In fact, I probably spend about 45% of my day thinking about the labor, birth, and life of my new son. The other 55% of my thoughts are divided between my wife, daughter, dogs, and motorcycles. In order to spare anyone's feelings I won't tell you the specific percentages between those.

To provide some insight into what makes me such an expert on being manly, here's a list of things I thought about today:

1. I need to change oil in the car. Maybe Wednesday.

2. I should have my family over for dinner soon. Maybe Wednesday.

3. Nice weather really brings the motorcycle riders out.

4. I need a new audiobook to listen to on my commutes to and from work.

5. I can't wait to put our new scent on the website and tell the world about it. It rocks.

So there are a few of the not-so-complicated thoughts of a not-so-complicated man. If you stay tuned you'll see the new scent launch (or drop, as the kids say these days) a few days after the launch of my new son. It comes from a suggestion that one of my customers gave me, and it's perfect for Manly Man Candle Company.


Michele said...

Anyday now you will be the Manly Daddy Man! Hope everything goes perfect. You DID pay attention in those Lamaz classes, didn't you?

Michele said...

On a whole 'nuther subject, my co-worker and I were discussing "Manly scents" and we were wondering if you are thinking about "Mechanics Shop". That very manly scent that is comprised of oil, grease, gasoline, dirt, and whatever else they have in there!

My grandpa always had this smell on him. It was warm, spoke of hard work, and was very much a manly smell. To this day, if I have a customer who works in a "shop" come in, that particualr smell reminds me of Grandpa John.

Whaddya think?
I can't wait to see what the new scent you are unveiling (dropping) soon!

mt59405 said...

I believe that "Mechanics Shop" scent is comprised of tranny fluid, dirty oil, solvent, brake kleen, and hand cleaner. My very manly husband wears it home every night.